Often people think of decorating themes as cheesy or dated, but you can really create a themed bathroom or kitchen without going over the top. Here are some great ways to create a themed room. The first thing you will need to do is determine what theme the room will have. It should be something that you are familiar with or are very interested in. Pick a subject matter that you know a lot about. You will be able to come up with more creative ideas and variations when you really know the subject at hand. Make sure that the theme you choose goes with the color scheme you are looking for. This will make for a unified design that works well with all the elements in the room. Also, choose a theme that is readily available in stores, unless you plan on preparing your own artwork and original creations. Here are some great suggestions for themes you can use for your bathroom or kitchen:
1. Food themes are great for kitchens. Some popular kitchen themes include apples, chili peppers, fruit, citrus fruit, Italian food, Spanish food, cafe and coffee drinks, pasta, vegetables (carrots, celery, tomatoes), wine and grapes, tropical fruit like bananas and coconuts, and water themes.
2. Themes relating to a particular era, such as 50’s diner, retro 1960’s kitchen, and sleek modernist themes.
3. Themes relating to a certain geographical location are great. Some ideas include the Caribbean, Hawaii, Southwestern themes, Italian Provence themes, and Asian Themes.
4. Some great bathroom themes can be inspired by particular objects that remind us of freshness, such as shells, or palm trees. Ocean themes, colorful fish, tropical birds, and sun and moon themes are all great. You can also choose things like flowers (or perhaps a particular type of flower like roses, daisies, hibiscus or even violets). Perhaps a child’s bathroom could have a theme relating to something that the child enjoys. Horses, trucks, sports, or even a particular sports team are all great kids bathroom themes.
5. A theme can be based around a particular color palette or feeling that you want to evoke. Perhaps the sunset inspires you, or the colors of the beach. Maybe you enjoy the colors found in the rain forest or in a summer flower garden. Inspiration can even come from a piece of furniture or a particular painting you love.
Finding a great theme for a kitchen or bathroom (or for any room of the home for that matter) can be challenging, but there are many great products on the market as well as themes to choose from. Be sure to have fun creating whatever room you love!
Subscribe to our free decorating newslettter, and download Designing On a Budget at http://www.designingonabudget.com The e-book features special bonus material with worksheets and kitchen ideas. Find additional decorating tips and advice athttp://www.houseinteriordecorating.com. Our Ebook Digital Store has great home, family and business self improvement e-books starting at just $1.